In today's economy, more and more people are finding themselves in an unexpected financial slump. Finding help in a timely manner may be necessary for survival. Knowing where to look is the key.
One good resource is charitable organizations.
Here are some examples of charitable organizations that help pay bills throughout the United States -
For Emergency Help With Rent, Utilities, and Food:
Catholic Charities USA - http://www.catholiccharitiesusa.org/
- - The largest private network of social service organizations in the United States of more than 1,700 agencies and institutions nationwide. "Give people a leg up when life has knocked them down."
Society of St. Vincent DePaul - http://www.svdpusa.org/
- - The list of services of the Society of St. Vincent de Paul in the United States is endless. No work of charity is foreign to the Society
American Veterans Relief Foundation - http://avrfoundation.us/
- - A non-profit organization dedicated to helping veterans when they need it most.
Salvation Army USA - http://www.salvationarmyusa.org/
- - The Salvation Army is serving more people in the USA than ever before
United Way of America - http://www.liveunited.org/
- - Many companies and organizations partner with United Way to provide needed services throughout the country
For Help With Medicine and Medical Bills:
Patient Advocate Foundation - http://www.patientadvocate.org/
- - The Patient Advocate Foundation (PAF) Co-Pay Relief Program (CPR) currently provides direct financial support to insured patients, including Medicare Part D beneficiaries
Free Medical Camps - http://www.freemedicalcamps.com/
- - Listing and information about free Medical Clinics and Free Dental Clinics that are available in all the States and Cities in the United States.
For Emergency Financial Assistance:
Modest Needs - http://www.modestneeds.org/
- - Offers three types of grants: Self-Sufficiency Grants, Back-to-Work Grants, and Independent Living Grants. The grants come with no strings attached and do not ever have to be repaid.
Ways To Work - http://www.waystowork.org/
- - A proven, innovative program that provides small loans to low-income parents who cannot get loans elsewhere. The purpose of the loan is to help family members pay for unexpected expenses that could interfere with their ability to keep a job or stay in school. Quite often the loans are used to purchase or fix a car
Even Help With Pets:
AAHA Helping Pets Fund - http://www.aahahelpingpets.org/
- - As the benevolent arm of the American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA) Foundation, the AAHA Helping Pets Fund helps those in need access quality veterinary care for their sick or injured pets
(Many more resources are available in Pat's Resource Guide at http://www.findhelptopaybills.com/).